How to Improve your Odds with Slots
Slots are amongst the most popular casino games globally, both at land-based and online casinos. There is no formula to win at slots as it’s all down to chance meaning there is very little strategy involved with wins decided by Random Number Generators (RNG), ensuring fairness. Slots are also great when playing online as they offer a huge selection of themes, betting ranges and bonus features and many software developers offer their slots as free versions allowing players to test a game before placing real money wagers. In addition to this, all the best bonuses tend to be offered on slots, regardless of whether they are new or popular.
Understanding your Slot
There are a variety of different slots, the classic 3 reels slots, 5- and 6-reel slots, Megaways, bonus buys, hold and win and many more. The slots have become more complex, with developers constantly creating new versions with added features and more engaging than the last. It’s important to understand the symbols and how they can benefit you as a player so let’s have a look at some of the symbols found on all slot machines.
- Wild Symbols – Wild symbols are the symbols that allow players to create winning combinations by substituting the wild symbol for any symbols they may be missing to receive a payout. In more complex slots, the Wild symbol can also trigger other features, including expanding symbols or even bonus rounds leading to bigger payouts.
- Scatters – Scatters are unique symbols as they don’t have to land on a win line to payout. When you land Scatters, you don’t simply win coins, but they trigger an interactive bonus round, unlocking a bounty of free spins, cash prizes and the possibility of a progressive jackpot.
Beating Slot Machines
Slot machines have changed drastically over the past decade, with many of them having between 20 and 50 paylines, six reels and a huge array of symbols. Being a pro at online slots nowadays takes a fair amount of research but with some key strategies, there are still several things online players can do to improve their odds. In terms of playing slots, here are some golden rules that should be followed
$/€300 Bonus + 100 Extra spins
$6000 Bonus + 200 Extra spins
$/€300 Bonus + 100 Extra spins
$/€1000 Welcome Bonus
|15 Free spins
$/€500 Welcome Bonus
$/€1000 Bonus + 150 Extra spins
- Carefully select your slot – Slots come with different themes, soundtracks, paytables, RTP’s bonus features and betting ranges. It’s always good to go for a slot with a good RTP rate (96.00% and above) and betting ranges that suit your bankroll.
- Bet on the Maximum Number of Paylines – If you have a set budget, then decrease your bet amount so you can bet on the maximum number of paylines.
- Study the Rules before placing your bets – Do your homework on the slot you have selected and pay particular attention to the minimum and max bet amounts, ensuring it is within your budget, and also be aware of the bonus requirements.
- Use the Special Features – Enjoy the benefits of Autoplay, and Turbo Mode as it helps speed up the game and add to the excitement.
- Practice in Demo Mode – Many real money slots also have free slot versions These are superb as it allows players to learn the rules of the game and familiarize themselves with the various symbols without the risk of losing their own money.
- Study the Paytable – The paytable shows the value of each symbol and highlights the most lucrative symbols moreover, it also tells you whether the game has wild, scatters and bonus symbols.
- Stick to your Budget – This is an important piece of advice, and don’t start spinning until you have committed to a max spend. Once you have reached your limit, stop playing before you bet money you cannot afford to lose.
- Slot Games Volatility – Slots have different variances, low, medium, and high. The low-volatility games pay out smaller amounts frequently, whereas high-volatility slots need bigger budgets as they pay out less, but when they do, it’s usually a nice stash.
What is a Slots RTP?
In slots, the “house edge “is referred to as The RTP. RTP means Return to Player, and it varies according to the slot game you have chosen to play. You must look at a slot RTP before you decide to play as it indicates the rewards you can expect to achieve as a player gets calculated using the form of a ratio or percentage based on the rewards a player gets when they win playing a slot, and it calculates the total number of wins against an in-house edge.
It’s a theoretical concept allowing players to select a casino game with a better payout. This does not mean slots with lower RTPs should not be played, as the good taste of victory overshadows the game’s RTP and volatility.
Slots with the Highest RTP
Slots with the Best RTPs are available at online casinos, and we have listed some of the top slots with the highest RTPS below:
- Book of 99 by Relax Gaming which has a 99% RTP
- Blood Suckers by NetEnt (98.00% RTP)
- Ugga Bugga Slot from Playtech, which has a 07% RTP
- Bonanza Megaways by BTG (98.12% RTP)
- Marching Legions by Relax Gaming (98.12% RTP)
- Jammin Jars by Push Gaming (96.40% RTP)
- Money Train 2 by Relax Gaming (96.40% to 98% RTP)
- White Rabbit Megaways Slot from BTG, which has a 97.24% TO 97.77% RTP
- Zeus Lightning Power Reels by Red Tiger Gaming (97.73% RTP)
- Mega Joker by NetEnt (99% RTP)
Looking for Big Wins
As previously stated, playing a slot is all about luck, however, if you understand that and are looking to play a slot that offers big wins, then progressive jackpot slots are your best option. There have been several instant millionaires who hit the mega progressive jackpots in games like Microgaming’s popular Mega Moolah, NetEnt’s Hall of Gods, Divine Fortune and RTG’s Megasaur Slot. If you are a player looking for frequent smaller wins, then it’s advisable to look at slots that have the standard jackpot offerings.
Biggest Online Slot Wins
Slots remain a popular casino game, and every player strives for those instant riches. Below are some of the biggest jackpots won on slots.
- $11, 6 million – Mega Moolah by Microgaming. Mega Moolah is one of the most renowned slots when it comes to instant millionaires it recently paid out $18.2 million to a UK player who only spent a quarter to play.
- 3 million – Arabian Nights by NetEnt. This win happened in 2011 at the online casino Betsson.
- $24 million – Mega Fortune by NetEnt This was won by an anonymous Finnish player, and he only wagered 25 cents.
Slots that offer the Best Odds
It may not be possible to win at slots using the best strategies to make a profit however a player’s odds can vary by selecting the right game. If you are looking to increase your chance at a payout, then it’s suggested you play low volatility slots. What this means is they are slots that pay out less but frequently.
The high volatility, on the other hand, can pay out huge sums but not as often as the slots of low variance. It also does not mean that you cannot receive some decent payouts when playing a low-volatility slot game, as they have been known to be rather generous. Below are some of the slots with the best odds:
- Triple Diamond
- Mermaids Millions
- Thunderstruck II
Understanding a Slot Games Paytables
Understanding a slot game paytable is helpful hence before you start spinning the reels, see what is on offer and how the payouts work. The paytable will list all the symbols found in the game, and the payout depends on the number of symbols landed on a payline and what they are worth. It also tells you whether the game uses special features that include multipliers, wilds, scatters, and bonus symbols. If there are bonus symbols, you are guaranteed a bonus round in the game, which may offer free spins or cash prizes.
Slots are available in many denominations and themes. It’s possible to wager pennies to hundreds of dollars per spin however, if there’s one thing you need to avoid, it is running out of cash early into the game. It could be tempting to place your entire bankroll on one spin, which would not be a good move instead, exercise bankroll management and enjoy a longer online gaming experience.
Instead, place bets in line with your budget and stay on track with your bankroll management. Always remember although you cannot influence your odds when playing slots, you can still follow the simple rules allowing you the best chance of winning by simply selecting a game that suits your budget and starting reeling in some extra moolah.
Thank you for reading! If you wish to support us, just like our page on Facebook.