Everything you need to know about Video Poker
Video Poker is a popular online casino game. The first Video Poker game was invented by Sittman and Pitt in 1891, and it had 5 reels. A few years later in 1898, Charles Fey invented the “Card Bell”
Over the years, the Video Poker machine has gone through numerous changes and modernization, and it’s one of the most famous casino games allowing players to enjoy gameplay without competition furthermore, it’s not a complicated online game. Video Poker looks like a slot machine and has many similarities however the difference here is the payback percentage (the RTP).
With a slot machine, players receive specific cash prizes or bonuses based on combinations that get landed which are controlled by the slot machine Random Number Generator (RNG), which has settings determined by the provider to ensure a certain RTP.
When playing Video Poker, unlike video slots, no symbols are spinning on the reels, and the gameplay happens over five stops the results come from a pack of playing cards which is generally the standard virtual 52-card deck. Some games do use a 53-card deck with the Joker thrown in as the Wild card. In Video Poker, you do not get paid by landing symbol combinations instead, payouts get based on your poker hand ranking, with the Royal Flush being the top-paying hand followed by a straight flush.
How to Play Video Poker
Video Poker, unlike real Poker, is a simpler game to play. For starters, you do not have to worry about other players as you will only be playing against the house for real money. It’s also known as a banking game, and in most cases, Video Poker gets based on a five-card draw version of the casino game.
$/€300 Bonus + 100 Extra spins
$6000 Bonus + 200 Extra spins
$/€300 Bonus + 100 Extra spins
$/€1000 Welcome Bonus
|15 Free spins||NDB||Play|
$/€500 Welcome Bonus
$/€1000 Bonus + 150 Extra spins
Once you have placed your bet, you get dealt five cards, and the joy of playing Video Poker is you get to take as much time as you deem necessary before deciding on which cards to keep or discard. With each card that gets discarded, players receive new cards from the deck, and after the second draw, the game automatically checks to see whether you have any winning combinations. Bear in mind winning combinations in Video Poker are based on classic poker hands, and all winning combos are available in each game’s paytable, which you should peruse before placing your bets.
As previously mentioned, Video Poker is a simple game however, when you are not familiar with the terms, it could complicate matters hence, we have listed some of the terminologies below:
- Full Pay -This is the highest-paying variant, and it’s usually related to games with a high RTP.
- Low Pay – This term refers to Video Poker games that reduce the RTP and increase the house edge.
- Natural Royal Flush – This is where the highest possible hand gets dealt to the player
- Power Poker – This is theoretically the most lucrative poker hand, and it was invented by Doyle Brunson.
- Multi-Play – This term refers to Video Poker variants allowing players to participate and play with more than one hand.
- Hold – When you choose to keep a specific card.
- Not So Ugly Ducks (NSUD)- This is a Video Poker Game known for paying 16 for 5 of a kind and 10 for a Straight Flush.
- Flush – A flush is a five-card hand containing cards of the same suit.
- Draw – The second hand dealt after a player has decided which cards to hold or discard.
- Hand – The 5 cards or fewer dealt on the screen are known as a hand
Video Poker Strategy
Getting the most out of your Video Poker game to play with a strategy, and before you do, ensure you know and understand what the most popular poker hands are and what they consist of, ensuring you get good rewards.
The nice thing about Video Poker is it’s not only a game of chance but also acquires a certain amount of logic, allowing you to play strategically, thereby securing the lowest house edge. We suggest you use a strategy card to optimize your winning chances, and although the strategy chart can improve your winning odds, it does not eliminate the house edge.
The Top Video Poker Games
Most online casinos offer a variety of Video Poker options, and you may find it difficult to select the most convenient title. To assist you with your choice, we have compiled a list of the top Video Poker Games based on criteria like graphics, performance, betting limits and, more importantly the game’s payout percentage. Herewith are the recommended Video Poker Games
- Jacks or Better – Jacks or Better is one of the most popular Video Poker variants. It comprises 52 card deck and can be played in more than one hand. Players must collect one of the winning poker hands, including Jacks or Better, to land a win.
- Loose Deuces – Loose Deuces is known for having one of the best returns and comes with an RTP of 101,97%. The best combination in Loose Deuces Video Poker is a Royal Flush however, the addition of the wild cards and bonuses add to the dynamic and exciting gameplay.
- Joker Poker – Joker Poker is also referred to as Joker Wild, and it’s a popular variant of Jacks or Better where the Joker acts as the game’s Wild card. This means the Joker can replace any card in a winning hand. Joker Poker gets played using a 53-card deck, making it a simpler game with more winning opportunities.
- Deuces and Joker Power Poker – Deuces and Joker Poker is a four-hand Video Poker game that features one Wild Joker and four Wild Deuces hence increasing a player’s winning chances. In Deuces and Joker, Power players can double their winnings at the end of each winning hand by using the special Gamble feature.
- Deuces Wild – Deuces Wild uses a standard deck of 52 cards, and during gameplay, the deuces are wild cards substituting any card in a winning hand. It’s an easy-to-play Video Poker variant, and players stand better chances of winning due to the special wild cards.
- Double Double Bonus Poker – Double Double Bonus Poker is like Double Bonus Poker. The difference between the two games is that Double Double Bonus Poker offers a different payout for a five-of-a-kind hand. Its theoretical RTP is 98.98% which is lower than Double Bonus Poker.
Top Video Poker Sites
Video Poker is available at the most popular and reputable online casinos due to its popularity. Herewith are some of the top operators:
- 32 Red
- Mansion Casino
The above online casinos have impeccable reputations, a good selection of high-quality games and some of the top bonuses which are suitable for both low and high-rollers. Bonuses may seem to be extra cash however, players need to make real money wagers before the bonus kicks in unless it’s a No Deposit Bonus.
In that case, players may need to spend some time Bonus hunting when looking for a site that offers Video Poker. As a rule, always select Bonuses with low wagering requirements, as they are easier to complete and will not deplete your bankroll. Another important fact to consider is unlike slots, Video Poker does not contribute 100% to bonus wagering requirements.
Video Poker Software Developers
Dozens of software studios offer excellent variants of online Video Poker. Although the gameplay is similar, most of the Video Poker variants come with different graphics, rules, and rewards. It’s up to you to select a Video Poker game by a specific studio that best suits your needs. Here are some of the top developers offering online Video Poker games:
- Pragmatic Play
- Real-Time Gaming
- Nucleus Gaming
- Play’n Go
- 1×2 Gaming
Video Poker on the Go
Most of the leading online casinos have launched mobile apps which allow players to enjoy most games on the go from any location 24/7. The games, which include Video Poker, are mobile-friendly and perform superbly on smaller screens. Players may also be lucky enough to receive special mobile bonuses that may benefit them when playing Video Poker for real money. Moreover, the top sites even offer Video Poker in demo mode, allowing you to get the feel of the game before placing any real money wagers.
Why Play Video Poker
There are many reasons why one should play Video Poker. Apart from it being an entertaining and simple-to-understand online game with a significantly higher RTP and lower house edge than other online games, it has other small advantages.
Although winning is never guaranteed, players may stand a better chance of making a profit playing Video Poker with a low house edge and higher payouts.
It’s also important to note the payout and the house edge for each Video Poker variant differs depending on the rules of the game, with Loose Deuces having the highest RTP and Deuces Wild with the lowest RTP. Players’ odds of winnings depend on the extra cards and bonuses which is why familiarizing oneself with a game is vitally important before placing any real money wagers.
Thank you for reading! If you wish to support us, just like our page on Facebook.